The Doodie Man!

follow my crap

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Log Time: 10:20-10:35; False warning

When I went to bed last night, my stomach was hurting and I really felt like something big was on the horizon. But much like the seismologists at Mount St. Helens last year, my initial instincts were wrong, and even though I spent some quality time in the bathroom this morning, it was a standrad procedure, nothing exceptional to report. I did have some additional thoughts to add though:

Additional thought #1: It really bothers me when television shows have a $1 million grand prize and advertise that the winner will be a "millionaire". There is this little thing called taxes that reduce that $1 million to anywhere from $500k-$720k depending on where you live. This irritates me for two reason: (1) It's false advertising. If they want the winner to be a "millionaire", the show should either pay the taxes or reward the winner with enough money so that post-taxes, the winner still has at least $1 million. (2) The winner is labeled a "millionaire" and I just think it would suck to have all of your friends, random people, etc., asking you how it feels to be a "millionaire", when you know that you don't really have a million dollars. You start living a lie you didn't even tell, and it would take away from the enjoyment of having the $500k-$700k in post-tax dollars.

Additional thought #2: Even though Sinbad has been in movies in recent years(as I surprisingly learned on IMDB ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005435/), it's nice that most of his movies (The Cherokee Kid, Houseguest, etc.) are old enough that they've stopped being re-run on cable. There's no one who took better advantage of the incorrect theory... "he's big and black, if he laughs, it must be funny"... than Sinbad in the '80's and early '90's. Sinbad was about as funny as Magic Johnson contracting the HIV virus. Current SNL repertory player Finesse Mitchell (http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/bios/Finesse_Mitchell.shtml) seems to have taken over where Sinbad left off.

Additional thought #3: Why do toilet paper and tissue paper both exist? Has anyone ever been someplace without tissue paper for a month, been using toilet paper to blow their nose, and finally got hold of some tissue paper and been like, "Thank god! I finally get to really blow my nose. I've missed this so much over the past month!"... I doubt it... That's because, you could easily eliminate one from your life, substitute the other, and be just as happy. For the record, in a bind, paper towels are also a workable subsitute for either toilet paper or tissue paper, but given paper towel's coarse nature, you would be happy to get some toilet paper or tissue paper after a month of either blowing your nose or wiping your ass with only paper towels.

Viva los crapos! - TDM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home