The Doodie Man!

follow my crap

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Log Time: 8:52-8:59; Autograph on Ebay!

The "TP" signing tour is going great, but there's nothing like the sanctity of your own bathroom, so even though I stayed in a nice hotel last night, I brought my own toilet paper, just to make it feel a little more like home... I find "tp" quality is an area where even the nicest hotels usually under-spend... I left a couple of extra rolls in the bathroom, and wrote on the side, "Complements of the The Doodie Man". Hopefully the next guest will appreciate this...

An interesting backdrop to the "tp" signing tour is an e-mail I received today:

TDM,

You're not going to believe this, but I was searching through collectibles on ebay and came across a toilet paper roll that you had autographed!!! It was great meeting you at the signing yesterday.

-Todd
Weston, MA

So I went on ebay and did a search and the autograph was there... I was shocked. The roll's on there at a starting price of $4.00! You can view the eBay listing at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6615590572. (picture on the left). From the looks of the picture, and the "Charmin" description, I think the roll is part of a 6 pack that sells for $5.99, so the pre-autograph implied value of this particular roll is approximately $1.00, putting the TDM autograph initial premium at $3.00... this seems reasonable given that a baseball autographed by Chipper Jones has a minimum value of $14 and an estimated value of $45. (http://sports.heritageauctions.com/common/search_items.php?chkAuctions=1&chkInventory=1&hdnSearch=true&cboDenomination=Autographs:Baseballs)

Depending on how this roll sells, I might consider autographing some of my personal bathroom paraphernalia, like my plunger, and selling it online for charity.


-TDM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home